Functions of WRI
The WRI is envisaged to undertake the following functions:
1. Develop policy, legal, social, technological, and scientific expertise in the water resources sector;
2. Plan, facilitate, and conduct research responsive to national and regional needs;
3. Promote technology transfer and the dissemination and application of research results to appropriate users;
4. Provide for education and training of scientists, engineers, and students as water resources professionals;
5. Assist public and private interests in the planning, regulation, conservation, development, and utilization of water resources through outreach program; and
6. Provide opportunities for research grants to be awarded by organizations under national, bilateral, multilateral, and international arrangements.