The overall objective of the WRI-Mentorship program is a career-development fellowship that seeks to mentor young and mid-career professionals in water and environmental related fields of practice by catalysing and strengthening their scientific and leadership skills. WRI-MENTORSHIP program is a trigger to awaken young and mid-career professionals’ capacity for management and development of water and environmental resources among networks of professionals across Uganda and beyond.
Strategic Objectives (SO) for the WRI-MENTORSHIP Program
SO1: Establishment of partnerships and collaboration with key strategic partners in the water and environment sector
SO2: Engagement of key professionals to provide services to the WRI to undertake mentorship and internship scheme of young and mid-career professionals in water and environment Fields of Practice
SO3: Mentor young professionals to deliver professional services in the water and environment Fields of Practice
The key outcomes of the program are:,/b>
- Establishment of a pool of people with:
- Leadership skills who are ready to take on leadership positions in future.
- Positive attitude change from “laid back” and/or “negative’ to becoming proactive and positive and take ownership for their success, growth and development.
- Built confidence to step up and add value to management and development of water and environment resources. Increased participation in decision making and engagement in W&E sector
- Learning agility to value and seek out the lessons of experience, ability to influence and communicate information and ideas.
- Increased Productivity and improved communication skills among others
- Creation of a pool of mentors who will continue to support the WRI-mentorship program.